Safe, cost effective poultry litter management.
Activated Barn Fresh is an Organic-appropriate poultry litter acidifier that works just as well in conventional broiler barns.
Activated Barn Fresh uses a patent-pending formula of Citric Acid and Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth to reduce pH and
Ammonia. While other acidifiers are hard on equipment and burn off quickly,
Activated Barn Fresh:
· can be applied up to five days prior to chick placement
· is easier on skin, clothing, and equipment than traditional acidifiers
· improves litter condition as diatomaceous earth accumulates
· works even better when litter is windrowed
· can be applied with birds in the barn
· is listed with OMRI, so is effective for both organic and conventional broiler flocks
Available in: 40 lb (18 kg) bags or bulk
Listed in the United States for use in organic production
FURTHER INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
ABF Activated Barn Fresh Poultry Litter Ammonia Control contains citric acid, while original Barn Fresh does not.
Naturally found in citrus fruits, citric acid is an effective non-GMO acid.
Common uses for citric acid include:
Other acids used in poultry litter management include those below. In contrast to citric acid, these acids have many associated risks.
The Risks of Aluminum Sulfate:
The Risks of Sodium Bisulfate:
The Risks of Sulfuric Acid:
suggested application rate for ABF is 40 lbs / 600 sq. ft. or as needed.
products using other acids.
Yes, ABF Activated Barn Fresh Poultry Litter Ammonia Control is OMRI Listed for use in organic production and is safe to be composted and used in the garden.
As well, ABF does not effect the quality of the compost fertilizer that can be produced from the poultry barn litter after the flock has been removed.